Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    SteelersFan86

How to fix the chain of a mountain bike?

Hello, I recently just had my chain of my 26" NEXT 21-Speed Aluminum Mountain Ridge Mens
    Bike break.

As I was riding to my friend house, when i was pulling into his driveway, the chain was jammed. I fixed it and then I hopped back onto my bike and rode it again to see what would happen. The same thing happened.

My friends mom took a look at it and a metal piece "bent" off of the chain derailleur. The piece looks like it was just bent off until it broke. I wish I had a picture of it to see what you guys think may have happened but I don't.

I don't know what to do with my bike because it is sitting in my friends garage and I can't ride it anywhere. Any help?

Without a better description/picture I'm not comfortable telling you to do anything. You may have had a bent derailleur hanger that caused a jam & forcing it while riding could have broken the derailleur itself (although that's pretty hard to do).

I'd drive or walk it to a local bike shop. They can look at it & see what parts need to be replaced/repaired.

It's very inadvisable to do any bike work when you don't know what your doing (especially in the drive), as you can easily make it worse.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information