Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been dancing ballet for a couple years and i want to get on pointe-

what should i do? I get videos and everything, i even dream about it. Whats the easiest and quickest way to get on pointe?

catbandini
    to get EN pointe its tipically at teachers descretion (so the teacher will decide weather your really ready for it or not if you have the talent the abily the stamina) i would practice all that you can you also need years and year of ballet experience to get en pointe i have done ballet for 10 years and i just got en pointe last year so keep doing ballet and practice you might not get en pointe for 3 or 4 years or not at all lastly make sure you r studio offers pointe if not then switching studios would be a good idea and heading to a ballet school ( a studio that specializes in ballet) could get you en pointe a lot quicker

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There really is no easiest way to get en pointe. And to be honest, the quickest way may not be the best way. Ask your teacher if you're ready for pointe, just so she knows your interested, and she'll either say yes or no. If she says not yet, then honor her judgment, because chances are if she says your not ready, you're not ready. If you're not ready, ask for suggestions of what you can do to prepare yourself so that you can be ready later. If she says that you're ready, go get fitted for pointe shoes, but make sure your teacher approves them for your feet and don't start working in them until you've started classes. For now, work on strengthening your ankles and working on technique during the summer if you can't take any summer classes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information