Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yamaha 1200 xlt waverunner 2001 seizure problem?

I bought a 1200 xlt waverunner 2001 first day it ran fine second day it was only running half speed it was initialy doing. Found out the 3d piston was seized had also ruined the cylinder. Replaced cylinder piston and rings on 3 and replaced rings on the other 2. Went out to break it in. initialy accelerated 20% as manual says and then let it sit for 30 min and then back again this time up 50% another 30 min to cool. This time up to 90% went fine let it sit 30 min and then tried again after 10 min of riding it shut off as I was doing 40mph. brought back in checked the compression. Number 1 and 2 are 100 number 3 is 75. Pulled the plug and looked inside seems like the piston head is starting to get scratched, I think I am still in time to save the cyl.

Question is what is causing this?

It is still the same cylinder.I read on other posts that compression should be 120 for this unit, since none of the cyl is that and I just put new rings on it where should i look?

Thanks,

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im willing to bet that u have a oil injection line that came off that carb for that cylinder, or look real closely to see that there is no leakage of oil on the entire oil line sorry if that is the case but ive seen alot of that on those machines Yamaha ought to be calling those back because the the little plastic tie straps are not a good clamp to use the oil gets on them and from the heat and that in combination with cooling down after a few hours they break ..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information