Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Agree with Golden Gal. We've been here before.

If someone's life is so empty that they have the time to pursue cheating their way to the top of one silly corner of a pastime website, I can't help but pity them.

BYB's spread stupidity

How to stop the point gaming in the dog section?

we all know there's someone in the dog section point gaming her way up the ladder..how can they be stopped, how do you go about getting proof?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure that I know who you are talking about, but I have a different *take* on this subject. I don't care! Some people need to have their ego's stroked more than others, and some people have enough confidence that the points don't matter at all. Everyone likes to see thumbs up for their answers, instead of thumbs downs, but really, what are we going to do with those points? It's not like you can trade them in for a new car or a free vacation, or anything. So what do those points really mean? It IS sort of like a game, isn't it? Most people do like to win when they play games, but some of the questions that come up on here are far from being funny. They are down right serious! So, I don't really care how people get their *points.* The most important thing, to me, is to try to be helpful, try to teach, AND try to learn.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I really don't pay attention to who you guys are talking about because I can't really think of a particular person.

But I mean you can't really get away from it - it's like those people that create the fake accounts so they can ask stupid questions in all the sections and then pick their friend's answer as the best answer. Like that Musle Beach Party clown.

You could report the answers, BUT if YA thinks that you are excessively reporting and there are no real grounds for reporting then you "lose your influence within the community". Which to me sounds like they just stop listening to you lol.

And hey, we all have real lives - who cares about people that need to pat themselves on the back?

ignorance sucks
    think of this person as a fart in the wind..yeah, it stinks for awhile, but then it goes away...

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If "being at the top" in Yahoo Answerers of all places is that important to someone, I'm sure glad I'm not looking at life through their glasses.
    Point blank, I could care less about what she does.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I really don't pay attention to who you guys are talking about because I can't really think of a particular person.

But I mean you can't really get away from it - it's like those people that create the fake accounts so they can ask stupid questions in all the sections and then pick their friend's answer as the best answer. Like that Musle Beach Party clown.

You could report the answers, BUT if YA thinks that you are excessively reporting and there are no real grounds for reporting then you "lose your influence within the community". Which to me sounds like they just stop listening to you lol.

And hey, we all have real lives - who cares about people that need to pat themselves on the back?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hendo250
    Um... ''Point gaming''? I believe I know who you are refering to, and believe me, I've had worse ''point gaming'' answers then hers. Type into where it says ''search for question''- ''Breeder's exhibit class?'' and you will see the answer I got for that question. And I had no choice but to let it go to the voters as it was the only one. Did they really have to answer? Admitidly, I've done this once, but that was bcoz I was genuinely interested. Unlike who you are talking about, who tries to give informative answers, and tries to answer genuinely and with respect to the asker. So please, tell me how she is ''point gaming''. Just one example(or will i be ignored, just like the last 2 questions I answered?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I admit to voting for my own answers... if it's me v that Nike troll, do you really think I'm going to let him/her get my BA? Everybody loves getting them and I won't be losing out on one to a troll.

However, if I am voting on a question where I can see my answer clearly is not the best, I will usually do the honest thing.

It wouldn't be an issue if questioners gave the BAs like they ought to... but I admit to being lazy a few times, so what can I say?

Personally, I don't care. I know who you're talking about. Even if we could stop her, it won't stop people voting for her because she tells them what they want, justifying their ignorance and giving them a pat on the head for it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information