Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Actually, while I was in jail I was only in there for a couple of hours but potentially there for 3 days. Well, a guy next to me was there for about 5 days, and it was only b.c they did not contact his relatives to bring the bail. He told some judge, and she told him that every day you are in jail, they must take out like $100 or something out of your court costs. The guy owed like $800 now only $300. I know this does not answer your question, but at least it could save you some money in the long run. Just post bail, that is the best way to get out quickly.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    depends what country your in like in russia i think they can hold for a very long time

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    depends on the situation ,case , and a good loyer ! and the judge who's not an lazy aswhole ! lol

How long can someone sit in jail before they set a court date?

This is kind of complicated. My husbands ex wife disappeared with their daughter, we have been looking for her for around 5 years. Now all of a sudden she is going after him for back child support that is owed. We found out a week ago that he had a warrant out for his arrest because of the back child support which he knows he owes and is more than willing to pay he just did not know where she was. So, he's been sitting in jail for a week now and they still have not set a court date. How long can he sit there before he goes before the judge. They have set a purge charge for the child support owed but because it's been 5 years the amount is very high, I know he we go before a judge but how long till they do that?
    We are in the USA.
    They have not set a bail otherwise he would be here with me and I would not be asking.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information