Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

1983 Kawasaki GPZ 550 questions?

I'm looking to buy a 1983 Kawasaki GPZ 550 (A guy I know has one for sale). The bike has 10,XXX miles and it looks pretty stock. What I'm wondering is what things should I look out for on this particular model? This bike has an oil cooler (Is that stock?). I don't think there was much done as far as maintenance goes but there are no fluids leaking. The exhaust has a tag on it that says "Kawasaki by Kerker" and its a 4 into 1 (Is that stock?). Are parts cheap for this model? Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys/Gals.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    `You are talking about a 26/27model years old machine. Parts will be limited as to what Kawasaki dealers can order for the bike-probably most engine parts, but some may no longer be available. Suspension parts/exhaust parts-forget it. They are not even available aftermarket at this late date. Figure establishing a friendship with a good salvage yard or two for any parts you need.

The exhaust on the bike is not stock. as far as I know these came with a 4 into 2 pipe system from the factory, but I could be wrong on that.

As with any used bike maintenance is one item that is not negotiable. Either it has been taken care of or it has not. If the bike has not had the oil changed every 3000 miles or sooner, had the brake fluid changed as well as any other fluid that might be on that bike, then it is a pass. Even with only 10,000 miles on the odo it will age quickly.if maintenance has not been done.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    `You are talking about a 26/27model years old machine. Parts will be limited as to what Kawasaki dealers can order for the bike-probably most engine parts, but some may no longer be available. Suspension parts/exhaust parts-forget it. They are not even available aftermarket at this late date. Figure establishing a friendship with a good salvage yard or two for any parts you need.

The exhaust on the bike is not stock. as far as I know these came with a 4 into 2 pipe system from the factory, but I could be wrong on that.

As with any used bike maintenance is one item that is not negotiable. Either it has been taken care of or it has not. If the bike has not had the oil changed every 3000 miles or sooner, had the brake fluid changed as well as any other fluid that might be on that bike, then it is a pass. Even with only 10,000 miles on the odo it will age quickly.if maintenance has not been done.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information