Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LEt the pretty people deal the press and the scandal and the writer are quiet content to get half of what they're paid and just keep writing away.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the early days of space exploration the USA or the Soviet Union would sent a monkey into space and the monkey, not the engineers, would get all the credit.
    Most people are nice and that is a good thing.

Most people are not...well, you know

It is the majority who control what's on TV (by rating surveys) and who elect politicians. Look at TV and politicians. The mob (people in general) are not well educated.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    because noone pays attention to the Writers

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why Don't the Writers/Authors themselves get as much Credit as the Actors/Celebrities?

heres a fact- the book is always better than the moviee

When there is a movie out, you always hear people saying did you see bradd Pitss new movie? or did you see the new zac efron movie?
    Why do people say this? Its is not the celebrities movie, it is the writers. The actors gets most of the credit when really the people behind the camera are the people who truely make up the movie.

The actors are just people mostly memorising a script.
    Of course If they do act their role very well than they are good actors of course because they are good at what they do.

I just find it wierd how the people who are famous are the people who act the part. The writers should be more famous because I bet some of those actors we all love could not write to save their lives.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LEt the pretty people deal the press and the scandal and the writer are quiet content to get half of what they're paid and just keep writing away.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well its just how it goes because authors dont get as much as attention because its not on the big screen bc lets face many hate reading but love movies and the actor does deserve credit bc theyve played the character
    ~~~Scooby-Doo~~~

Jachel Rauss
    Us authors don't want the credit. Personally, I have no idea how I could even answer this question if I had a group of paparazzi scum following me around. How would I write my next novel at this cafe if everyone inside wanted to talk to me constantly? One thing you have to keep in mind: Authors are--for the most part--reclusive little beings. Honestly, I have enough stress to get through without having a trail of people following me around.

Because most people can't whack it to an author.

Beyond that most movies have always been so formulaic that half get written by a producer.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I wish more people thought like you!

You're absolutely right. But writer's always get the worse end of the deal. They get paid the least in the movies and tv. They don't get as much credit as the actors. If you write childrens' books, you don't get as much money as the illustrator, or as much attention.

I think it's because people who don't write think writing is easy and anyone can do it.

While anyone can do it, not everyone can do it well. But that's the way it is, and I don't see it changing.

Still, thanks for your support!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I wish more people thought like you!

You're absolutely right. But writer's always get the worse end of the deal. They get paid the least in the movies and tv. They don't get as much credit as the actors. If you write childrens' books, you don't get as much money as the illustrator, or as much attention.

I think it's because people who don't write think writing is easy and anyone can do it.

While anyone can do it, not everyone can do it well. But that's the way it is, and I don't see it changing.

Still, thanks for your support!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information