Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    dramama35

I am writing this book to reflect on a girls life throughout middle school....

...Give me your thoughts and ratings!? Here is a book I have been working on lately, I have gotten alot of the ideas from my daughter who comes home and tells me what went on that day. Please give your opinion of the first part of the book. Thanks! Just so you know the book is called Me & My Crazy Life
    Introduction

All I remember thinking was that in fifth grade I told myself when I got to Sienna Lake Middle School I was going to be the popular one, the one everyone wanted to hang out with, the one above all the rest.
    Of course I am in seventh grade and this is my second year at Sienna Lake and I am your typical twelve year old girl, I am basically a normal nobody.
    This book tells you the troubles, drama, and prissy’s you will meet as you go through middle school. And trust me none of it is fun unless you yourself are a popular girl.

Chapter 1
    The bus had just arrived at SLMS and I was in a complicated mess with all my papers scattered on my seat as I tried to finish my math homework, my lunch box tangled with my book bag strap, and to make matters worse my Vera Bradley purse had slid to the back of the bus where the high schoolers sat.
    Everyone got off and I ran to the back of the bus to grab my purse and I managed to make it off the bus before 8:20.
    I pulled open the blue main door of the school to find my best friend Kylie waiting there for me as she always did. “Hey.” I said still trying to untangle my book bag and lunch box. “Lemme help Ya” giggled Kylie grabbing my lunch box with a tug unleashing it from the knot.
    We continued walking down the hall when my blue Hollister shirt which was two sizes too small continued to ride up, I paused a second. “Lemme guess, Hollister shirt from last summer right Taylor?” questioned Kylie. She knew me so well; I hadn’t even unzipped my North Face jacket to adjust my shirt yet! “Yeah…” I laughed with a slight pause. “It’s okay Taylor, we can go shopping this weekend” she insisted. “That would be SO awesome!” I laughed.

I waved good-bye to Kylie and told her I would see her next period as I headed to my locker in one direction and she headed to hers in another.
    I turned the black dial; 31-45-12; I then pushed up the black release button, allowing my locker to open. I grabbed my Earth Science book practically stumbling as I tried to put my lunch box in my locker at the same time.

The bell rang at 8:30 and I practically flew into class trying my hardest not to be late again.

In Earth Science that day we had a lab we had to do involving seismic waves, which was boooring. I got stuck with Alexis Marsh. She was so bizarre; she continued putting lotion on her hands every fifteen seconds then she stared at this skater boy named Josh every five seconds.
    I ended up doing all the work and she got mad at me cuz half of our answers were wrong, what was I supposed to do I only maintained a B average in Science!
    Soon first period was over and I headed to Home Base with Mrs. Shemozzle. I couldn’t stand her she was the German teacher and she always wore some creepy German culture outfit, spit on you when she talked, not to mention she smelt like a wet goat all the time!

Home Base ended at 10:35 and I was first to escape the disgusting smell of soaked yak.

I walked through the halls quietly trying hard not to be noticed, pushing a strand of my blond hair out of my face when WHAM! I got pushed onto the ground by Claire Johnston.
    Not only was she the head leader of the prissy group of what Kylie and I call the Queen of Hearts; she was dignifying, insulting, ruler of the 7th grade.
    “Oops!” laughed Claire “Sorry I didn’t see ya there.” I wanted to slam her face into a locker she just made me so mad.
    I took a deep breath to help calm me down. I stood up ruffling out my Hollister t-shirt, and then I looked her directly into her shiny, blue eyes with a dirty look, and walked away trying not to look back.

Lunch came quickly and I couldn’t wait to tell Kylie what had happened. We walked together on the way to lunch and I tried to keep my excitement inside, I couldn’t wait to tell her what had happened between Claire and me.
    We sat down at our everyday lunch table alone like we always did. Of course once in a while some random group of three or four would sit on the far end away from us.
    “OMG!” I yelled “What are you talking about?” laughed Kylie. I told her the good news and she basically flipped. “Haha, I can’t believe that happened to you!” she laughed more and more.
    I looked around the cafeteria, “TABLE 6, LINE 2” Mr. Rein was practically screaming through the microphone to allow our table to get our lunch, I looked up at him, his child like cheeks clinched every time he said a table number. Today he wore a burgundy shirt which almost made him invisible in front of the cafeteria stage curtain.

Soon second period was over and Kylie and I headed off to our third class of the day; gym. I hated gym, not only did you have to take all your clo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's good - definitely a realistic point of view if you're looking for something that middle school girls accurately think. It portrays a school very well, and it does have potential.

However: it sounds more like a book for middle school girls themselves than anything else, (What is your target audience? Parents?) and is a bit too much of just telling what's going on and not enough reflecting, so it's coming across as being a little too repetitive. (Just going through a schedule and not enough actual reflection on these events.)

I will add more to this when I have more time, but for now those are my automatic comments/thoughts after just reading it.

Hope I helped - good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information