rehang a door.? USPS did a terrible thing and left a delivery between my two doors (storm and main), leaving the storm door propped open. The thing is, we had extremely high winds that day. This was a very dumb maneuver, as the wind caught the door and blew it open so hard that it ripped it out of the door casing.

The casing has all hinges stripped from it. It is pretty splintered in those three hinged areas are also where the damper was mounted. This is not appear to be an easy fix.

I'm in a townhouse that has similar decor throughout the community. My true question is, is there something I can fill into the damaged area of the wood to build it up, so to speak. Something strong enough, that would hold a somewhat heavy storm door... and I can paint over? I tried PLASTIC WOOD. But that is not strong enough and will not bind itself to the original wood that well. If there were some sort of strong epoxy made for this, that is what I'm seeking, I guess. Unless there are better ideas. The splintered/stripped areas are about as large as the hinges (plus some additional crack down the grain).

This is very depressing, as it appears to be an expensive fix to have a contractor rebuild that frame. I'm going to be negative and assume there is nothing I can do hold the Post Office responsible for this, I'm sure. They just always leave packages between the doors.