Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to transfer picture/videos from my PC to my Nokia N95?

I don't know how to transfer pictures/videos from the pc to phone....please help.....would really appreciate it

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How you are able to get photos off of your phone and into your computer depends on the phone you purchase. Some camera phones have no way to connect directly to a computer. That means you'll have to either transfer images via your service provider or purchase syncing software that comes with a cable that connects to your phone's charging port.

If your phone has a USB port, you can purchase a USB cable and connect it to your computer. Not all USB connectors are the same, so make sure that you buy a cable with connectors that will fit into the ports on both your phone and your computer. If you're not sure which kind of connector to buy, take your phone to a store and find the one that fits instead of buying one online. You will probably also need software from the phone manufacturer to download photos via USB. This may come with the phone, or you may have to purchase or download it separately.

Some phones can transfer photos to a computer wirelessly, via Bluetooth or infrared, and in the future, we can expect to see phones that support 802.11b and 802.11g Wi-Fi standards. Unfortunately, many phones that are equipped with Bluetooth cannot transfer photos with that technology because the function has been blocked. In addition, if you're using a Mac, the software that facilitates wireless photo transfer may not be available to you.

One of the most straightforward and economical options may be to buy a phone that stores photos on a memory card. Just make sure that the ability to download from your phone's card hasn't been blocked on the model you're buying--yes, some companies do that, too. (Note: This may be applicable in some countries. Please check with your local service provider for more details.)

Assuming you have full functionality, you can simply remove the card and transfer photos to your computer with a USB card reader. Most phones with removable memory use formats that are miniaturized versions of the larger cards used in cameras, so you'll probably need an adapter to put your phone media in a standard card reader. It's likely to come with the card, but you can purchase one separately if it doesn't. There are also dedicated mobile media format readers. Just make sure that the format of the card reader matches the format of the card or the card adapter that you're using.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information