does your dog eat? I just switched him from puppy food to adult dog food (turned 1 year old on March 5th), I transitioned him really slow so it took about 3-3 1/2 weeks (last time i switched foods i did it in 2 weeks and he has runny stool for about 1 1/2 weeks after the switch and didn't want that again...)

So he has been eating adult dog food only for about 3 weeks now i think. And since then he is not eating near as much. He used to eat 1 cup of food 3 times a day, so 3 cups a day. Now i feed him twice a day (yes i did the transition phase on that too) and give 1 1/2 each time. So he still gets 3 cups a day.

He isn't really eating his food, maybe he eats half of it and then stops or sometimes he doesn't eat any till about noon. He is still producing waste so i know he isn't starving himself but it seems he isn't eating near as much as he should be...

Could it be because it has warmed up? I live where it gets -20 in the winter and now its 75-80 during the day... He is also getting a ton more exercise (hiking trails) so i would think he would want MORE food...

He will eat all his food in 60 seconds IF i put it in a food dispensing toy, but i havent done that for 4-5 days now (trying to get him to just eat from the bowl)

Should i start feeding him once a day? Do you think he doesnt like the adult food (same brand just adult not puppy...)?

Anyone elses dog doing this?

(its not medical i dont think, he gets heartguard plus and frontline plus every month and is up to day on all shots, gets his exams... ect...)
Reese's Mom:

How many times a day do you feed him? Niko is 63 pounds (not over weight in the least).