Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Spicoli

How do I change the ingition switch( part you put the key in) on a 1990 dodge truck?

I took off the steering wheel, can figure out how to get to the back of the lock to push in the button to remove it. There is a round metal piece that needs to come off first, it is on top of the pieces for the turn signal and all of this is blocking my view of the back of the lock...

R P
    Look on the steering column cover, under the ignition switch, for a hole ( about 1/4 diamiter ). If there's one there, it's a release for the tumbler assembly. Just push a 1/8" pin punch or a small screw driver straight up, with the switch in the unlock position, & she'll pull right out.

michael j
    You need a special tool that screws on the steering shaft to push the plate down to remove the snap ring to release the plate. you can but it at auto zone for $10.00 You will also need it to put it back together. The snap ring is around the steeering shaft about 2 inces down in front of the plate you can see it. If you push on that plate real hard you can pick it out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information