Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    myunknown
    myunknown
's Avatar

Sync one group of contacts ONLY with android

I recently purchased a HTC Desire Android phone and I'm looking for a way to keep a simple, basic contact list updated and synched with my Gmail account.

The problem with the default way on my phone is that it will sync every contact on my Gmail. This is a problem as I only want to have contacts from my phone book synched to one gmail group and vice versa. There is an option to "disply only contacts with numbers" but I still don't like the idea of having every contact on the phone. There is also the problem of the extra empty groups I won't be using, can these be gotten rid of?

I basically just want one list and it to be my default list with all contacts and not have to go through an array of menus to get to that one list on the phone. I don't want that list to be populated by contacts who I may have only emailed once and will never email again. I don't want any gimmicks in between, no gtalk contacts, no default gmail contacts and I want to be able to then export this group to a CSV file to use with spreadsheets etc.

It seems I'm trying to make it simpler than it is and it's not possible.

On a similar note, I would like to be able to share this group with somebody else with a Gmail account so they have access to this group of contacts via their own phone. As far as I understand from researching, this function is not yet available but there is a 3rd party solution from floreysoft viewable here: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r06Xe...eature=channel). Is there any update on Google themselves offering this the same way they offer shared calendars/documents?

I'd really appreciate any feedback on this and help with the above as it's the only thing stopping me from putting my sim card in the new phone and I'd like to start using it

delaford321
    delaford321
's Avatar

Sync one group of contacts ONLY with android

I agree, having every person who emails me suddenly show up on my phone is driving me nuts, any help in this area would be so great!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information