Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: picture quality

new-oakviller

picture quality

Has the new BEV system been deployed? If so, is there a noticeable difference? I am looking at moving over (from Cogeco) and wonder about the PQ of the new system....(is it still 780p and soft?)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

picture quality

Guys, take a look at my post above.... #142, I tell it like it is! Now having said that, yesterdays PQ on BEV was fantastic, pretty much on all HD channels, even the Vancouver hockey game last night on CBC HD CH #802 was very good.

Like I have said before and others have mentioned , it is hit or miss with Bell.

Paul

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

picture quality

The Canucks game on CBC HD was decent, I wouldn't say the quality was very good, but decent. I still was able to see motion artifacts in the picture, more of a CBC issue I think then it is a Bell issue because they were easily visible on the SD tv in the house too. Now the Ducks game on TSN HD blew away the quality of the Canucks game on CBC. I didn't notice any artifacts or anything in the TSN broadcast and the picture quality I would say was very good on that broadcast. During intermissions, while watching other shows, the HD quality was the usual. Very soft on the American networks and Idol on CTV HD West was very soft as well. Again as others have said before, for CBC, I think the downconvert to 720p plays into the loss in detail. I can remember watching HNIC and seeing everything so detailed that it was way better then TSN, not anymore.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

picture quality

Its definitely from their end, I see it all the time on both of my receivers (9242 & 6141). Right now I'm being patient with the hope things improve. If nothing changes after they finished the upgrades I'm going to start spamming them with phone calls.

nicohockey9

picture quality

Guys, take a look at my post above.... #142, I tell it like it is! Now having said that, yesterdays PQ on BEV was fantastic, pretty much on all HD channels, even the Vancouver hockey game last night on CBC HD CH #802 was very good.

Like I have said before and others have mentioned , it is hit or miss with Bell.

Paul

Does this have to do with the 8PSK conversion possibly? Or has that not happened yet.

Kittys

picture quality

I think some don't realize how "soft" Bell really is until they can compare it to something else side by side. When I'm watching my Bell 9242 I don't notice how soft it is really until I flip over to my Starchoice 530. Then I go whoa as Bell looked pretty "good" I thought until I compare the two. A great example is watching Leno or Conan where its really noticeable. I really hope when they start to switch over in April it improves.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

picture quality

I'm surprised that I'm going to say this, but last night I was at my brother's place and he has Sasktel max HD, and the picture quality on that was way better and sharper then Bell. Bell really needs to step it up. I'd switch if they offered Centre Ice. Plus they have more HD channels then Bell (Big Ten, CNN, and Speed.)

cyclist44

picture quality

I just noticed yesterday I started getting horizontial stripes moving up and down on the screen on all channels but just on one TV I am finding this really annoying.

I am just wondering what might be causing this?

jumpy27

picture quality

The Leafs/Sens game last week was in SD. I saw the Habs/Bruins game at FS and it looked like it was in HD, but I can't be sure. The Canucks game tonight is in HD--how does it look tonight?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

picture quality

I more so see it on NHL games, can't remember seeing it on CFL games and only on TSNHD. But never see this "jumpy" scorebar when set to 1080i, so I only use 1080i. I remember when Bell had channels in 1080i and at the time I had one of those 768p tv's and there was a big difference between 1080i and 720p. I wonder what it would be like on the 1080p set I have now???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information