Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Fall 2009 HD channel number changes

Don't see the "nice" about it. I can't believe there could be anyone interested in the SD channel number when they have HD.

Zero G

Looks like they are tied to the SD channels because they don't show up for me.

Zero G

I wouldn't be surprised to see them fill all spaces with PPV channels just to annoy the hell out of us.

FunkyTown

How do you know which bird the channels are broadcast from?

cptcarter

I agree with Bell not having episode or date for release not being available. Prior to Bell, I was with Cogeco and their guide always had the date that the movie/show was released and yet Bell has virtually no information. I thought they just got the info from the networks and updated their stuff but I guess not. They have to do a much better job!

dm_4u

Some people have both HD and SD receivers for various TV's around the house.

Lindsay649

The switch to the new channel numbering system has now started for the HD channels starting at 1200. Both the 800 and the new numbers are available.

Stan Dev

I believe you can avoid all the problems you mentioned simply by deleting the old timer first, and then creating the new timer.

reidw

They are obviously trying to spare us from too many future changes by making sure there is enough room for all the new HD/digital channels coming in the future. Personally I would have gone the opposite route and moved all SD services into the 1000's and assigned the HD channels to 001 - 999. That would have made more sense and made it easy to cut off the SD channels as they close down. Either way however someone would find it a little inconvenient during this transition period.

For the person who complained about the space between channel numbers and to the person to doesn't like four digit channel numbers: Why not set up a short favourites list in your EPG of only those channels you watch most of the time and then use this list to move from channel to channel? It's been a long time since I've entered actual channel numbers digit by digit. Too 20th century!

Pinza

The Descriptive Video Service (DVS) is a major United States producer of video description, which makes visual media, such as television programs, feature films, and home videos, more accessible to people who are blind or otherwise visually impaired.

From Wikipedia, via a quick Google Search.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information