Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Leafs/Hurricanes HD PQ Question

Seeing as how this was the only game in the NHL tonight and it was the Leafs, maybe I'll get an answer to my question. Did anyone watching the Leafs/Hurricanes on Centre Ice HD (866) have real bad pixelation/compression artifacts in their signal. Ever since the season started I've seen bad pixelation expecially on the white ice surface during any HD games on Centre Ice. I'm trying to see if this is a common issue or if it is just me. I don't think my tv is the problem, Panasonic 1080P Plasma only a week old. Can anyone comment on the picture quality/pixelation?

Boavista

yea i know what you mean. After all.. we do sub to " Bell compressvu!" Canada's leader in HD Compression lol
    I seen the game to.. not only did my leafs get killed, they got killed in a game filled with freezing every few seconds, and TOness upon tonnes of audio drop outs!!

I dont know what TP that game was on but man was it crappy quality.. didnt even look 720p!. ughhh plane crap. Thats why i canceled my HD pack. The channel line up never gets new channels like That 2nd HD movie net feed, Thescore, omni1, omni2, leafs tv, sun tv, etc... so i decided to terminate because especialy with all this new compression due to the french channels that i coudntl care less about.. i decided to bust out my indoor OTA antenna. Cheap $20 indoor antenna gets me CTV, Sun tv, NBC,CBC,Fox,PBS,ABC, City, and CBC all in full uncompressed HD! with no extra charges. Pretty good if you ask me!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The antenna definitley would be an option, if it was available. Living in Saskatoon, there is nothing avilable with an antenna, not even CTV or CBC which will likely be years away here. The Centre Ice games having 3 channels per transponder are terrible. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has seen these artifacts on the ice in fast motion. Sometimes it gets so bad that it's distracting. I hope it isn't as horrible as it was tonight for tomorrow's banner raising ceremony, but more than likely it will be.

dosborne

I called to complain as I wanted to see the Leaf's get trashed

Video/audio issues every 10 seconds at least.

This was classified as a "problem at the source" again. Could be, can't really say, all other channels were (more or less) fine and signal was locked at 82%.

The sad part was that it was so bad I couldn't take it any more and watched the SD feed instead. It was interesting as there was about a 10 second delay on the HD feed when viewed side-by-side using PIP.

I truly suspect this one was not Bells fault, they were just rebroadcasting from a crappy feed.

Not a great way to promote or encourage anyone to pay for NHLCI. It was the only game I watched during the free promo period and I was severely unimpressed (even if it wasn't their fault).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Providers in the US had no problem with the Versus HD feed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The pixelation/artifacts I'm referring to where not the drop outs by Versus. I noticed those to, but these were noticeable when there wasn't any dropouts occuring. I've also noticed these other ones during any other HD game that has aired on those channels, again not the big green dropouts, just compression artifacts on the white ice (blocky looking ice on fast movement) sometimes it's harder to notice then others, but then it isn't there on the SD feed of the game, so it has to be a provider issue.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am glad I was not the only one who noticed the cut off's, pixelation, and audio drop outs on the leafs Hurrican game. I ended up watching it in SD as others mentioned they had to do.

dm_4u

The drop outs were so bad...I switched to the sd version...now that's BAD.

HORRID

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seeing as how I think people are getting confused as to what I was referring to, because the other dropouts were so obvious, let me through this question out.

Has anyone else noticed pixelation or compression artifacts on any other HD game on Centre Ice this year? Again, most noticeable on just the white ice on fast moving images.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information