Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    goodnightboy

The Godfather Trilogy Appreciation #1: Behind every great fortune there is a crime.

It's true, and don't worry, you're not the only one to notice it. There's more, actually (I'm lazy but it's been pointed out on IMDb trivia). And Children of Men (which is another amazing movie) also used the same orange symbolism for danger/death/etc.

Sheebs

The Godfather Trilogy Appreciation #1: Behind every great fortune there is a crime.

^^VERY interesting!!

Disneypreview

Vol 1: Vito gets shot as he's buying fruit (oranges spill on the ground as he falls)

Vol 2: Michael is eating an orange as he discusses the killing of Hyman Roth at the airport

Vol 3: At the big meeting on top of the hotel(?) right before the attempted hit on Michael, the room starts to shake and a bowl of oranges spills onto the table

there may be more, but these are the ones I remember

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have to admit I didn't notice the oranges motif. I'll have to look for it when I re-watch. :nod:

Glad to know I'm not the only who hasn't seen the 3rd. :lol:

Disneypreview

Also to change the subject a bit, anyone ever notice the significance of oranges in the trilogy? Anytime oranges are in a scene, someone is either killed or about to be killed. (No I'm not crazy, Coppola said this himself on the commentary)

Disneypreview

III is definitely NOT on the same level as the first two, it's rather an ordinary movie even though it has most of the same characters and actors, plus Coppolla miscast his own daughter Sophia as Michael Corleone's grown up daughter. It's bound to be a disappointment to anyone who's seen the first two.

goodnightboy

I was a late convert to The Godfather (the series), but it was worth it. I'm now trying to get everyone I know to watch it. I haven't seen III though. I'm not sure if I should. On one hand it is a Godfather movie and I should see it (I even own it - I have the Coppola restoration set so it came with it), but on the other hand I felt II ended so perfectly that to revisit that world again seems pointless. Do you guys think I should see it?

Disneypreview

The second is worth watching, although very depressing. Number III is dispensable, unless you really need to know what happens to Michael.

Sheebs

I've never seen the 3rd either, I own the trilogy too. :lol:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for this! :clap: I need to watch the 3rd. :blush: It's the one I've never been able to sit down and watch from beginning to end.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information