Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

8700r price drop? 8800 arrival?

Hi all,
    does anybody know if Rogers will be dropping the price of the 8700r? especially since xmas is around the corner? Any Rogers employees out there with some inside info? Also, I've heard rumors that Rogers will have the 8800 in Summer'07....any confirmation of this?..and finally...for all you 8700r users out there.....do you recommend it or would you wait till summer'07 to get the 8800?

thanks!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

~via BB (wap. rabroad.com)~
    I don't know about the price on the Rogers network but the 8703 on Telus just had a price drop to 250 with a 3 year contract

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

~via BB (wap. rabroad.com)~could be a sign.. Still not confirmed yet tho. I'm guessing like around spring of 07

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

~via BB (wap. rabroad.com)~a few questions. 1 what is the price of the 8700 for TMO. 2. Does the 8700 support real ringers, non-polyphonic. 3. Will tmo get the 8800.

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since this is the Rogers section, I don't know that you will find answers for T Mobile here.

The 8700r has been the same price since its release a year ago. I would have a hard time believing that Rogers would drop the hardware cost. They still view the 8700r as a "business" BlackBerry.

Telus cannot compete against the Pearl, which is $250 with Rogers, so that is likely why they are selling their 8703 for the same price.

Rogers has begun to focus on the consumer side of the Pearl, especially with the recent "Pearl Plans" announced on Tuesday of this week.

And with the 8800 coming within the next few months, there is even less reason or need to change the pricing of the 8700r.

As for the choice between qwerty and SureType, that is completely a personal preference issue. If you like the slim design and form factor, then the Pearl is what you want. If over-compensating size and a (needless) full keyboard with a rugged gigantic case is what your thirsting for, then definitely go for the 8700r (oops! Was there some bias in there? ). Or be patient and wait for the 8800. If you've waited this long to get a BlackBerry, then a few more months won't ruin you.

Yep but Lewis you already have made your choice with rogers and the pearl but some people don't like this skinny device :P and the rogers network

Some people like the telus monkey and their 8703 waffle :P

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

UPDATE!!! Well I just phoned Rogers and bitched to them about them charging double what telus is for the same device, mentioned that the telus model even has GPS and is a new model and told them I'm buying a blackberry so you either match the price ($249) or I go to Telus. They phoned me back 10 minutes later and gave me the $249 price. BOOYAH!!!
    Not bad? I figured I already have a Sony 810i..so if I need a camera, or music I can just use that....and how often am I really going to use GPS...sure..it's great..but in reality..not very often.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are the pearl plans they announced?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

C to the Smoothy! That's smoothe! Wait, is it smooth or smoothe? I buy organic peanut butter....it doesn't have such luxurious options.

But seriously, that's basically the only way to budge a price is to call the sales department. If biting $250 to get you on contract is all it takes, then they will do it.

Ok, the Pearl Plans....

Very generous with voice minutes, but very LEAN on data: only 0.5 MB a month. Self described: 5 - 10 emails per day, sent or received! However, voice minutes included free incoming and free nights & weekends, but with only 100 day minutes. However, there was also 100 minutes of domestic long distance too. And the price was $35 (if my memory serves!).

BUT, the BIG BIG BUT:

BIS only, no BES.

This plan was stricly NOT for me. I use ~ 25 - 30 MB per month, and not less than 300 day minutes.

However, there is a promotion on now where adding $5 to your plan will double the data.

I had separate voice and data, but this week I switched to a combined voice & data plan.

$100 = 350 day minutes, free nights & weekends starting at 6 pm, and 50 MB of data.

Best thing to do is visit a dealer; most often, promotional plans are not advertised on rogers.com.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds great. I do have a separate voice and data now. I've had my voice plan for years. Check out this promo I hooked onto a looong time ago... $50 gets me 1000 daytime minutes, free after 6pm, unlimited evenings/weekends, unlimited text (in/out) and top v/m package. I signed up for the $65 data...opted for the $5 extra so I got 25MB + 25MB..exactly what you said....so $115/month..not too shabby for what I'm getting I guess. Do you agree? This is my first BB...EVER!!! I hope I made a smart decision with the 8700r. I was so drawn to the Pearl but I have big hands and my fingers were too big for those little pearl keys..would take me forever to type an email. Also wanted to wait for the 8800 to come out...BUT..i'm getting married shortly and wasn't sure I'd be willing to spill out the mininum $499 they will be asking.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information