Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Greetings... Can anyone help a Newbie out?

I've been a Verizon customer since they were formally AirTouch --- Anybody remember them?

Anyway, I'm thinking about switching to Cingular.

Reason? I love the Nokia 6590i

and Verizon does'nt provide service for it. Now, I know it's an older model I just like 'em.

I live in Los Angeles, and I'm fairly happy with my Verizon service. Except for when I'm in the Silverlake, 90039 area where reception is crappy!

Anybody with ANY advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Peace!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's an old clich

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks...

This is probably in the wrong place, but it's my first visit to this business.

I did successfully get quite a few music tracks onto the phone, using the Yahoo program that somehow found its way onto my computer, but I've encountered numerous problems as I've tried to go further. The Yahoo thing was one of those trial programs and it keeps reminding me I have to subscribe and I can't use the music I've ripped into my folders.

Most mysterious: I "ripped" 5 or 6 CD's into my Music Folder on the computer. To make the file conversion, Windows Media Player wouldn't accept the MP3 setting to convert my CD's, but it did convert them to .wma files. They appeared in "My Music" in a folder called "Unknown Album" and I renamed the tracks because it was starting every new CD as track 1 in a new folder entitled "Unknown Album" so I numbered them sequentially and transferred them all into one folder named "Download" numbered 1 thru 51. I would then download them to the phone and have an unbroken program comprised of tracks 1 thru 51. They all ended up in the recycle bin somehow, but I retrieved them and I'm now ready to download them to my Nokia phone.

I can't figure out how to download them into the phone. I can't get the Nokia program to look at that folder. It appears they automatically deleted themselves and I had to get them back out of the recycle bin.

Earlier, when I put a CD into the drive it started the Yahoo program. It would then operate okay for a while but eventually give me a "subscribe now or you can't use the program anymore" screen so I went into Add/Remove and took both Yahoo and Roxio off my system. I don't know how they got there, anyway. So now I'm using only the Windows Media player to copy the music.

So I'm hoping you'll know who I can go to with this problem. Somebody who can guide me thru this process easily. It seems that it should be pretty basic but I'm stuck. It's a bit frustrating because I did get music onto the phone using the Yahoo program. But now I would like to get those 51 tracks onto the Nokia using Windows Media Player.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information