Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My first experience with Harley's Customer Care Department Not Good!

While we are not forgetting things, let's not forget the title of the post "My first experience with Harley's Customer Care Department Not Good! ", and they did absolutely nothing wrong.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So was there some "drop dead" date, where after that manufacture date, all 2010 Ultras would have the new style seat?

If your bike was built prior to that date, is there a recall?

Just my opinion.....if there is not a recall, and the bike was built prior to that cut off date......that sucks......they made a mid-year improvement, and you in essense, bought too early.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would cetainly know if one bike had a different freakin seat that all the other models in the showroom.

And yes - if you do not completly check out ANY vehicle before you purchase, then shame on you. I have bought 3 HD's from a dealer. All have been wheeled outside in the sun and checked out. I even didn't purchase one after I noticed some scratches on the frame that were seen only when out side in the sun. I could not see this when in the showroom.
    I have taken ALL for a test ride before I will sign any piece of paper. Same with all the cars I have purchased. Even taken some to a mechanic for a quite look-see.

Do you walk into a show room, point at a bike, and sign the papers? man...i bet the dealers love you. And if you are interested I have a truck for sale. Send me the check and I will ship it out to you. No need to check it out - right?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree. Prior to the original post on this thread I had some communication with the OP. At the time he was not aware that there even was a low seat running change on the 2010 models until I saw a post about him having his seat cut down.
    He sent me a picture of his seat and then I double checked my seat (which is a low that I purchased from the dealer).
    He then went to the dealer.
    He then did the original post.
    I personally didn't read his post as a bashing but will admit that for reasons that he later explained, he didn't have a comfort level that the dealer was going to look after him.

Glad it worked out for him and good for the dealer for making right on an issue that obviously originated within the dealership.

later
    Greg

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cookies and Milk? Maybe not BUT, why are we so hasty to criticize and tear down and so slow to thank and praise? An old manager taught me many years ago you give "5 ata boys" for every "oh shit"..The Title to the post remains and casts a very negative feeling towards the HD MOCO, who at least in this case did absolutely NOTHING at all! I imagine the OP bought the bike after seeing it, inspecting it and maybe even test riding it. The lesson here is 'buyer beware' and that is true no matter where you shop.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

They did absolutely nothing wrong??? WTF? How about swapping seats without telling the buyer, hoping that he wouldn't notice. If this is not wrong, it don't know what wrong is.
    Enuff said.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The HD MOCO didn't do that, the dealer did...Chill out man this issue is resolved. There is no proof anyone swapped the seats BUT the original service bulletin says that they may switch either way...IN ANY EVENT the customer was satisfied (accirding to him) and the issue is over. Why the title BAD EXPERISNCE?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with Mike. The title shoud be "updated" or removed. What I really wish would happen it when you clicked on the title, all you would see it Mike's motion picture!! Every time you post something, I open it up just to see her.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would think the title should stay, not because of the dealer at all, but because he in fact had a bad experience with customer care. They told him they would do nothing, didn't say that he should contact them again if it was not resolved at the dealership. So his customer care experience was "Not Good", as they did not answer his question about what they could do for him in the even the dealer did not handle the situation. They should have at least told him that "if" the dealer did not handle it, to call back and they would investigate and see what his options are, instead of leaving him to believe that calling back to them again would be useless.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The title seems right to me. I've read here about a lot of people who have phone customer service to no avail. Forunately I'm not one of them.

Anyway, the problem was resolved so I'll move on to the next fire now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information