Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone seen Bright Ass Lights tail lights in person?

They do.

BAL-3S
    4 Super-LED

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I bought one for the RG (BAL-1), and after driving with it, and watching people literally change lanes to avoid being behind me at traffic lights, everyday, bought another one for the Fat Bob.

Best money you can spend (IMO) to avoid getting rear ended, and it's American made, and warranted for five years, and takes less than five minutes to install.

Now I actually make it a point to not hold the brakes on at traffic lights once everyone has settled down and stopped. No negative comments from anyone, and lots of positive comments from other bikers.

You will be noticed!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the BAL-1 installed on my bike, and it's a whole new world in terms of attention getting! It's much brighter than the stock taillight in run mode (three adjustable levels), and it's very noticeable during sunny day riding. Cagers and fellow riders are always stopping me and asking about that "Bright Ass" light. They laugh when I tell them that's exactly what it is. In brake mode there are 20 some-odd patterns you can select to suit your taste. I use the 5 rapid flashes-long-5 flashes-steady pattern and am extremely pleased in it's effect. I've never had cages back off like they do now.

At $200 they're certainly not giving them away, but from my experience it's worth every nickel I paid...

FYI - The videos don't do this light justice.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I retrofitted the HD running light kit ($50) on my -09 FLHT - turns your rear lights into full time running lights and the entire tree (brake light and rear turn signals) all light up when you apply the brakes. Wife said it makes the bike super visible from behind with the running lights and all three light up to brake. Just an idea that doesn't cost much and takes all of 10 minutes to put on.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Had that mod on my bike, too. Red lenses replacing the ambers made the turn signals less obvious, which can be a problem. Amber turn signals are used for a reason.

I ran for a week or so with the BAL-1 and the HD mod, worked fine together.

I've removed the HD mod, the BAL-1 is far superior and makes the HD mod unnecessary. Now my turn signals are amber again and the BAL-1 handles alerting those behind me that I'm on the brakes.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Installed my BAL 1 last night. Took it out today for a road test. As previously reported, cagers now stop at least a half car length further behind than they normally do. Too cool!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was just on a road trip and saw the Bal-1 abd bought it. I am really pleased and recommend it to anyone who wants to increase their visibility. It seems like excellent quality and was plug and play. Two screws and you're in.

Happy Consumer, I refuse to participate in the recession.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I got my RK in April this was the first modification that I made. I have had no issues with it all and I definitely notice a difference when someone is behind me and I tap my brakes. People definitely react to the BAL. There are only 3 settings that are DOT approved, the rest of the settings are for parade use. After spending $20K for a bike I sure as hell am not going to quibble about $200 for a modification that could have a major positive impact on my safety.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

They definitely do. My buddy has one on his blue Fat Boy. It looks great, the laid down style really looks sharp with the fender contour.

Some years ago I put the Radiantz 136 LED mod on my Sportster, and it's a real attention getter. I recently came home with the new RGU, and because the local HD dealer had the brightasslights in stock, I went ahead with it as the first mod. Installation can't be any easier. THe programable stuff using the magnet is unique, but I chose the bright 3-flash-steady. Yeah, they work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information