Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2010 Street Glide Exhaust Upgrade Question

you can send your headers to american customs to have then "de-CATed" I think it cost 169 bucks. I'm not sure but you might be-able to use the same tune.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That would be a good cheap option, unless you want to keep your stock headpipe with cat in case you ever need the cat for an inspection or whatever? Just throwing that out there

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

if that's the case, I believe you just add 80 bucks to the price and you get one with out having to send them back yours. I still believe that other then you doing the cutting/scooping/re-welding yourself, you won't find a better price.

If so, I'd like to know because I am doing my pipes in baby steps. the first step is going to be loosing the CAT.

I am actually kicking around the idea of buying a set of 2:1 de-CATed pipes from them for my 2010 Ultra.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just put the Vance Hines 2-into-1 slip on and couldn't be happier with the sound. Still able to hear the radio but sounds like a Harley now. Dennis Kirk under $200 and install was very simple. No other mods needed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The screamin eagle was a higher pitch than I like. I actual modified the end cap to be open in the center, cut with a Plazma Cutter to try it out without going out and purchasing a different end cap. It improved it, but still not what I was looking for. I do need to sell this one as it is almost like perfect/brand new, except for the modification I made to the end cap.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. I actually had been playing with the idea of trying to get the Cat out on my own, but know that I could not do it correctly or without screwing something up. The big question I had on that option was if it would help reduce the heat load or not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am actually moving forward with this option. Ordering a stock set up with the cat removed just today from American Customs. For now, I am planning to keep my factory with the Cat still in, but American Customs allows you up to 30 days to decide and return yours for the rebate. I am going to stick with the Thunderheader slip-on for now. I will let you know what I end up with. If it still isn't there I may have to bit the bullet and spend much more cash and the Cams done along with a completely after market true duel system. Really don't have the cash or want to spend that much right now, so hoping this changes gets me closer until sometime in the future. I might also try one of the American customs modified slip ons too as they are fairly inexpensive.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the night stick with 6 extra discs and a open end cap. I also gutted the CAT. Sound is much better then just a night stick. I am happy with the setup, but after hearing a V&H Pro Pipe full system on a buddies bike, I think I got to have one. Looks good too.

I actually have not been able to find someone with the V&H pro pipe on a 2010 to hear it live yet. It was and still is one that is high on my list of options to move to, but won't until after I try this last thing of removing the cat from my stock and trying that with my Thunderheader. I also still want to hear the Pro Pipe Live first too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone actually measured the heat difference without the CAT vs. with the CAT; or is it just a "perceptoin" of being less hot? It would be nice if some of you guys considering doin it to take some measurements while running with the CAT and without.

I think I'll appreciate it as it turns chillier but will be cussing it out again come next spring.

cass

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information