Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My nightmare Advanced Motor Sports (AMS) experience

Last year I suffered an eye injury while working under the hood of my car that caused my peripheral vision in one eye to fade to black. I recognized that symptom as a torn retina and rather than wait for a cab or call a friend, I rode my Ducati to the hospital (since my car was still disabled). An hour later I was in surgery for a detached retina. I was unable to see following surgery and reluctantly had to leave my Ducati in the parking garage at the hospital while I took a cab home. The next morning I had to go back to the hospital for a follow up examination and I arrived there just in time to see an elderly gentleman

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with AMS. I've heard good and bad things regarding AMS. I know they charge for every little thing they can at full retail. It's just business. There comes a time when a business is making too much money and the owners just don't care anymore. In that case, it's better to take your business and money elsewhere. Eventually, the owners will land back on Earth and start treating their customers right...especially when they realize that the customer is ultimately their boss.

If you are looking for another Ducati dealer/ shop in the Dallas area to service your bike, why don't you try BMW of North Dallas Located in Plano (Ave K). They also sell Triumph, MV Agusta, and Ducati. I bought my bike from them and have it serviced by them all the time. So far, I have no complaints.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

HOLY CRAP!

After hearing that story from you; i must say i am shocked.

The Alvarado AMS location is like 15 minutes from where i live in Mansfield.

When i get home from Iraq i had planned on visting THAT exact location to look into purchacing a 848.

After hearing the horror story i am just SLIGHTY less inclined to do that.

I really wonder why your experience with them went sour. It sounds like to me that they just didnt care and would use every ounce of their power to make as much money from your unfortunate situation.

I am going to seriously consider either A) not buying from them B) try another AMS location or C) look at the BMW of North Dallas store.

Thank you very much for the heads up and please keep us updated with any progress or updates to your situation.

Hope the eye gets better.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The simple answer is that a dealership

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like these guys blow. I know my dealership would never do something like that. That's why Corse Superbikes has a customer for life.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got on the AMS website, and read that Jeff Nash "goes the extra mile." Considering what 20/20ducati went through, that's pretty hilarious. I contacted them through their online contact link and let them know how I feel.

20/20ducati, I feel your pain. I've been abused by repair shops in the past, but my dealership has taken care of me so far. Maybe if enough people let AMS know how we feel they'll reconsider how they do business.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I appreciate your empathy and I assure you that I did my very best to convey the facts and suppositions of my experience with AMS in a detailed, accurate and candid way, but regardless of the clarity of my opinion of AMS, I still believe that no person or entity should be unilaterally condemned without having an opportunity to explain their side of the issue. I clearly feel that I was treated terribly by AMS and that based upon the facts, any reasonable man would agree, but I have no evidence that AMS was guilty of anything other than extremely poor customer relations and a high degree of profit opportunism. How my bike sustained additional damage from the time I left it at the parking garage until the time I picked it up at AMS 43 days later is a mystery I'll never solve. It could have happened during the three days that passed between when I called AMS to pick up the bike and when they actually did so or when the guys from AMS were dragging my bike through the parking garage and struggling to put it on the trailer while the handlebars were locked or at any point thereafter. I just want to be very clear that I'm not accusing AMS of any legal wrong doing in this matter since I have no evidence of that and feel accusations of that nature should only be made when compelling evidence is available.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

CONSULT AN ATTORNEY AND TAKE THEM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT. IF YOU DO NOT, I TRULY HATE TO SAY IT, BUT YOU'LL THEN DESERVE WHAT YOU GOT.
    And just so you know I'm not trying to act mean, considerate or anything of that nature, NO ONE DESERVES WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH!!! I DON'T CARE IF THE CUSTOMER IS A TOTAL ASS. And if that's the case, each party should stop and limit any further involvment, then try to part ways amicably as possible.

I have been grossely disappointed by the following dealerships and will no longer provide them any business: Rockwell Cycles in Ft. Montgomery, NY, Ducshop in Marietta, GA and Danbury BMW in Danbury, CT. I urge you to contact me - before you visit them. You want details, I got 'em.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh and I've been warned before about AMS' ooohhhh how shall I recapitulate - creative billing habits...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I called AMS Ducati this am to discuss what was posted above. I voiced my concern to them because this is exactly opposite of my experience with this dealership (I, and my bikes, have been treated extremely well every time I've walked through the door).

I was informed that AMS will be responding shortly.

Apparently there are two sides to the story.

HORNETDRIVER

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information