Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

So, I saw a Pokemon thread here and decided to start a Digimon thread. I doubt it will be that popular of a thread though, I don't know a lot of people who like Digimon. So, in this thread you can talk about whatever you want, as long as it's digimon-related. I'll start off with: what's your favorite digimon? Mine would have to be Wizardmon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

Well I am a fan of Digimon. I don't really have a favorite Digimon, never really thought of it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

Hard to be believe it'll be ten years this August when the anime first aired in America. Kind of makes me wish we had another season to make up for that abomination that was Savers/Data Squad.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

Oh Come on, Savers wasn`t that bad.

Usually, digimon has great charachter development(what the series is known for), but not THAT much in savers, but I'd like to think the plot makes up for some of that. It introduced a lot of concepts that we've always wanted to see in digimon, such as evil tamers, and a truly evil human villain.

I don`t think any series will ever be able to match 01's herculean feat of giving eight main charachters complete and fulfilling charachter arcs in 54 episodes though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

I liked Frontier up until Cherubimon's defeat, then it all just went downhill. I watched up to Episode 12 of Savers. I wanted to like it, but I couldn't like any of the characters, I found it stupid in a bad way, and it was just...so ...cliched. It's the only season that I just completely gave up on and never finished watching.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

You shouldn't have given up so soon, CartoonOverlord. To be blunt, Savers/Data Squad pretty much sucks from episodes 6-11. Then around 12 and 13, the series shifts into overdrive and never lets up. I could see how you'd give up on it, though.

I'm currently rewatching Adventure. It's great as always, though going through it again I have noticed quite a few examples of lazy writing that I never really noticed before. Still, it's easily my favorite anime series of all time.

Rumor has it we'll be seeing something new for the series' tenth anniversary this year, but nothing has been confirmed yet...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

4-11 are pretty much filler after the first three, though. The story picks up after that (with one of my favorite scenes in 13). You really should go back and give it another chance.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

I never actually got the hate for Frontiers. Yes, it was a radically different approach, but the general concept of human and Digimon relationship bonding was still there, just a bit more literal in this case. To me, Frontiers, though not the pinnacle Digimon season, was a good, decent romp through the series. It had interesting villains and a unique plot to the "save the world in time" (as the Digiworld literally fell apart). I didn't care too much for the twins, but then again, I had just about lost patience for the angsty, pretty boy at that stage in time.

My least favorite is and will always be Digimon's second season. Oh, it started off great. The first 26 episodes were fantastic and I adored Ken's character development (back when I DID enjoy the angst, ridden pretty boys). To see the older Digidestined as guidance was a thrill, especially Tai who really proved his maturity. Then sometime after Ken joined the main cast, the plot fell apart. There were simply too many characters and little time to show them all, resulting in a convulted mess that ultimately resulted in a cheap ending where the villain was defeated through children's wishes. And a finale that was random to several of the main characters.

Digimon Tamers is my grand favorite. Yes, it did ignore the secondary Digi-kiRAB in favor of the main trio and Ryo is a big Gary Stu (Yes, I'm aware of his multiple canon jumps), but it held the most beautiful animations (I adore how they drew the kiRAB' eyes), and the deepest, darkest plot. It was compelling, it held visually pleasing character and Digimon designs, it molded the world of Digimon and the human world well. It was just great, period.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

Oh, I still kept an eye on it and still thought it was really stupid, but that's just me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon thread

Data Squad is the best season as far as I'm concerned. Masaru breaking the mold and doing more than being his partner's CHEERLEADER was a great decision. In fact, the director said something about that to the effect of "how can we write about the bonRAB of frienRABhip if Masaru is just tellling him what to do?"

And ya know, it has an actual villain with motivation and goals and jive beyong "I'M DARK I COME FROM DARKNESS DARK DARK DARKITY DARK DARK."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information