Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    shopgirl37

Question about paxil dosage

I currently take 20mg paxil but lately my anxiety has come back along with panic attacks. I have appointment with my doctor next week I wondering if raising my dosage of paxil from 20 to 30 mg would help. Has anybody experience any side effects from raising the dosage on paxil. I been on paxil 20 mg for about 4-5 years with no problem. My Last visited with my doctor he added buspar 2.5mg 3 times a day. I also take .25mg of xanax when I needed which usually in the morning due to my anxiety higher in the morning. Let me know your experiences.

xblondeangel650

I was on Paxil for about 2 years off and on because of the side effects,but then again I was missdiagnosed with depression.Someone I know took the medication for 5 years as well and she had a horrible adverse reaction to it,her body started to reject it,she became very depressed and panicky.I also would take Xanax for my panic episodes but it just made me more tired and depressed,Adavan is better then Xanax,it's more effective and won 't make you overly drowsy.In my advice,talk to your doctor about other alternatives then Paxil,it should be taken off the shelves,it causes people to have sucidal thoughs.

catlover82

I was on 20mgs for a few years and doubled my dosage to 40mgs (was on 40mgs for three years, almost).

I found I was more drug out on 40mgs and I slept A LOT more (I'm a pretty good sleeper to begin with: I sleep about 12 hours a night without ARAB, but I could sleep 30 hours no problem on the 40mgs, but since I sleep a lot anyway, I might've been prone to that side effect moreso than someone who doesn't need as much sleep as me).

I felt kind of nurab on 40mgs. I was happy/anxiety free (almost immediately too, I felt the same as when I was put on ativan), but I honestly had an inability to feel bad/sad/mad over much. Unless I missed a dose or two then I'd be irritable like you wouldn't believe.

Also: the sexual side effects were pretty amped up on 40mgs. My desire didn't go away on the 40mgs (actually my "desire" increased on paxil), but I found it desensitized me quite a bit.

That's pretty much my experience with upping my Paxil dosage. Ultimately I decided to go off the paxil (at first I was going to ween and go on something else, but once I was weened I felt I didn't need anything...8 months later I'm back on ARAB, so obviously I did need something :P) because it was wearing me out too much: I was too drug out and tired and quite honestly I couldn't take it anymore (I would get 15 hours of sleep at night and STILL be falling asleep at my desk at work the next day, and I had no energy for anything, beyond routine daily tasks). Once I quit paxil all together I had energy like never before.

On the other hand, my best friend is on 30mgs of paxil and feels great on it. Mind you, he's twice my size so there was definitely more concentration of drugs going through my system at the larger dosage (even larger than his). My psychiatrist back in 2003 told me I could up my dose to 60mgs if I felt I needed to. I can only imagine how THAT would've worked out (I probably would've gone comatose and slept forever!)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information